Ι started working as a professional photographer in 2008, trying to express my love for theater and its’ dim light; capturing the emotion of actors, singers, all kinds of performers and of course the dramatic motion of such spectacles.
“Let me take you to a journey full of pictures”, would probably be one of my favorite quotes.
- Photographic coverage and presentation of the theatrical play “Lords of the Ring” directed by Nikos Panaretakis– 2015
- Photographic coverage and presentation of the theatrical play “Siniora Malena” directed by Harry Vorka – 2015
- Photographic coverage and presentation of the theatrical play “A dream Play” Steinberg and directed by Nikos Kornilios – 2014
- Photographic coverage and presentation of the child theatrical play “Edge of Dream” directed by Kelly Stamoulaki – 2014
- Photographic coverage and presentation of “King Lear by William Shakespeare” directed by George Vouros -2014
- Photographic coverage and presentation of the “Myth and Woman Stories” written by Gina Fotinopoulou and directed by Fokas Euaggelinos – 2014
- Photographic coverage and presentation of the child theatrical play “Seeking the Ring” from “Lord of the rings” written by Kleopatra Emanouil and directed by Dimitris Panaretakis – 2013/2014
- Promotion of plays presented by the group “Sunartisis”: and “Ladies Tailor” period 2012/2013,”Congratulations! You’re hired!”, June 2013, November 2013 and “Blind Date”, July 2013.
- I launched a the show “In Moscow My sisters” by the theatrical group “Dream Dolls” for their participation at the 3rd Festival of Young Artists 2013 “The 12th coupe” June 2013. The greatest reward was that one of my photos was chosen by the festivals’ organizers to promote the whole Festival.
- 2012/2013. Photographic campaign to promote “Dorian Grey’s portrait” directed by Panos Kateris,
- 2011-2012. cooperation with the School of Drama & Theatre Foundation “Themelio”, covering both the exams of the schools’ students and their theatrical productions: “Pappisa Joanna,” “The Twelfth Night”, “Come to us for a cup of coffee“, and several other productions.
- 20010-201.Cooperation with May Sevastopoulou and George Hadjidakis’ group followed, covering theater productions for two years, such as “Two black stones”, “Alexander loved in vain,” «Europe’s Abduction”, etc.
- 2008. Speaking of theater, my first professional theatrical photography project took place in , covering a play called the “Sacred Slaughterhouse”, by Tassos Vrettos and Sophia Spyratou.
Of course, photographing actors and singers for the updating of their personal portfolios is an everyday part of my job, of which my most treasured memories would be these: photographing the mezzo soprano Hara Kalantzides for her first record “Oh, my little moon”, or the singer / actress Chariclea Chatzisavvedis for the press release of the international concert “8th Country Festival” held in July 2010 at “Theato Vrahon”.
- Collaboration with Danzarin Tango School and photographic coverage
- “Crudo Tango”, 2015
- Participation TV Show “Dancing With The Stars”, 2014
- Habana Tango, 2014
- Olympus Dance Event, 2013
Photographic Coverage of International Production “Sleeping Beauty” at Badminton Theater, Athens, Greece, 2015
Photographic Coverage of International Production “Swan Lake” at Badminton Theater, Athens, Greece, 2015
Photographic Coverage of International Production “Forever Tango” at Badminton Theater, Athens, Greece, 2014
- Collaboration with the School of Dance Irene Christou for photographic coverage and promotion material for Dance Performance with the students of the school – 2012 & 2015
- Collaboration with the School of Dance Betty Vytinarou coverage and presentation of the first Dance – Theater performances in Athens “I love you” directed by Betty Vytinarou – 2011.
Prizes and International Publications
An important achievement is my taking part in nine collective photography exhibitions and in addition, a solo exhibition named: “Artists through the magical lens of George Marinakis”, held at the “Cabaret Voltaire” art center in 2010. The main topic of my solo exhibition was capturing artists’ unique moments during their performances.
The journey continues with the publishing of three of my photographs in the international magazine “Photography Monthly” – volume of January 2013, as the “Image of 2012”.
Next, selection and publishing of several of my photos in OLYMPUS UK Magazine (http://olympusmag.co.uk/) both in September 2012, May 2013.
Interview and presentation of my work publishing in Olympus UK Magazine in August 2013.
A special prize was awarded to me, during the photo contest “Glimpses of the City”, in collaboration with FNAC Greek Center of Photography. Also, participation in exhibitions held in FNAC (Maroussi) and the Short Film Festival of Drama.
A portrait of mine was chosen as “Portrait of the month” by GET OLYMPUS AMERICA, April 2011
Landscape selected and presented by GET OLYMPUS AMERICA, January 2014
Best of the Best 2014 2 of my photos selected and publishing at Photography Monthly, January 2015
2011/2012. Cooperation with the super top model Vicky Koulianou for the presentation and promotion of her personal clothing collection (Summer 2011 and Fall / Winter 2011-2012). The campaign and the photographs were published in magazines “EGO” and “HELLO”.
Cooperation with Olympus Greece / Intersys, for the presentation of Olympus OMD and Olympus E-P5 to partners, journalists and bloggers, in the presence of Mr. John Brooks (General Manager European Sales Consumer Products) and Mr. Badr Alaoui-Sossai (Area Manager EMEA), organized by Olympus Europa Holding GmbH. July 2013
Cooperation with Militos Emerging Technologies & Services and photographic coverage of the European conference in Nafplio in October 2013 “Farms Up – This farm is your own business!” and “Knowledge Shots” in November 2013.
Cooperation with Militos Emerging Technologies & Services and photographic coverage of the European conferences for Unemployment in Athens, Spring 2014
My teacher on this path Dimitris Tsevas – Leica Academy principles of photography, aesthetics, history and photo frame. Thanos Papadopoulos – Pragma Seminars specialized ones knowledge on the photo, portrait and artistic photography. Vision Photographic Studies-specialist seminars and professional fashion portrait.
Portrait Portfolio Review of Popular Photography Magazine and American Photo as a professional photographer
I have a Bachelor of Science at Biology and I worked at Hellenic Pasteur Institute as a research assistant with 2 international publications, and I have participated in eight Ιnternational and Greek conferences.. Also, I had work as insurance and financial advisor at ING Group